- The Prime Question
- What Is God?
- Where Did God Come From?
- How Did the Universe Come To Be?
- Is God Everywhere?
- Does God Know Everything?
- Is God All Powerful?
- Is Jesus or God Perfect?
- Why Did God Create the Universe?
- Why Would God Permit Suffering?
- Who were the beings that appeared to Abraham, Moses and Jacob?
- Is God a Democrat or Republican?
- Is Jesus a Socialist?
- Does God Love Harmful People? Should We?
- Is the Bible Infallible and Literally True?
- Does the Bible Really Say the Earth is Less Than 10,000 Years Old?
- Is Evolution Contrary to the Biblical Teachings?
- Was There an Adam and Eve?
- Is the Bible Anti-Science?
- Did Humans And Dinosaurs Live At The Same Time?
- Is the End of the World at Hand?
- Is Jesus Coming Again?
- Are We the Most Wicked Generation?
- Do I Have To Join A Church To Be Saved?
- What Does It Mean to be Saved?
- What’s With the Draconian Commandments in the Old Testament?
- Are the Bible Teachings Right or Wrong About Gays?
- What is the Beast?
- What Is The Mark of The Beast?
- What Is The Meaning Of 666?
- Is There Life After Death?
- What Is There That Survives Death?
- What Happens After Death?
- Why Are Near Death Experiences So Different?
- Is There A Heaven And Hell?
- Will Good People Who Do Not Believe Go To Hell?
- Is There Reincarnation?
- Do Animals Survive Death?
- What Will I Look Like When I Die?
- Is Heaven Boring?
- Is There Marriage After Death?
- Is There Sex in the Next World?
- Is Abortion Murder?
- Is There Good And Evil?
- What Is Good and Evil?
- Is There A Devil And Evil Spirits?
- Can The Human Soul Be Annihilated?
- Do Miracles Really Happen?
- Why Do Some People Suffer Pain and Disease While Others Do Not?
- Is Everything Predetermined?
- What Is the Purpose of Life?
- Where Did I Come From?
- Do We Have Free Will?
- Will Science Create Life?
- Are There Accidents or Is Everything Planned?
- Was there a Big Bang?
- Questions on the Universe
Will Science Create Life?
If you ask most religious people if humans will ever create life they will immediately answer to the negative. “Only God can create life,” they say.
If you ask the same question to a non-believer you will get a variety of answers. Some will say, “Yes, it is just a matter of time,” while others are just not sure. Most will think it is a possibility.
So, what is the truth here? Is it possible for scientists to create life or not?
Before we can answer this satisfactory we have to define what life is. Many think that the body is the whole of the life we have and it is not. If science could create a body just like yours it would not be creating life, but a vehicle through which life could express itself.
The life, which is you, lived before the existence of your physical body and it shall live after it disintegrates. Your body is not your life but a vehicle used by the life which is you, just as your car is a vehicle you use that gives you extra power to go places.
The life, which is you, is a part of the life of God and has always existed and will always continue. The various types of lives are interested in exploring this grand universe and in obtaining the best possible vehicle that their consciousness can handle. For some that may be the body of a plant, others an animal and still others a human. In addition to this there are life forms under the earth and on other planets alien to us, but interesting for other lives to explore.
So, what would happen if science created some sophisticated artificial life form like Data on Star Trek? Would it be alive and have a soul?
Unlike Data, who was not viewed as a living creature, such a sophisticated body could draw an intelligent life into it. If a scientifically engineered body was so advanced that it could do things even a human could not do then many lives who live in the spirit world would be interested in using it. If an entity hopped into it then the android would be as alive as you or me.
If you do not think an intelligent spirit could inhabit a machine think again. There are all kinds of stories of dead relatives and friends communicating through phones, computers and signaling through lights.
After all, the human body is merely a very advanced machine. The real miracle is the life which uses it.
So what would happen if we cloned a human? Would it have a soul?
Yes, just as much as you or I have one.
“And if they cloned me would the clone have a personality just like me?”
It would look a lot like you, but it wouldn’t be you. The body would be inhabited by a separate entity from yourself. Because it is not really you, it would look less and less like you as it aged for our appearance is influenced by our consciousness.
In a nutshell the answer to the question is this. Science will eventually create vehicles, or bodies, which life will inhabit, but they will not create life itself. When this occurs, however, they will claim to have created life.
Copyright 2014 by J J Dewey
JJ’s Amazon page HERE
Join JJ’s Study class HERE