- The Prime Question
- What Is God?
- Where Did God Come From?
- How Did the Universe Come To Be?
- Is God Everywhere?
- Does God Know Everything?
- Is God All Powerful?
- Is Jesus or God Perfect?
- Why Did God Create the Universe?
- Why Would God Permit Suffering?
- Who were the beings that appeared to Abraham, Moses and Jacob?
- Is God a Democrat or Republican?
- Is Jesus a Socialist?
- Does God Love Harmful People? Should We?
- Is the Bible Infallible and Literally True?
- Does the Bible Really Say the Earth is Less Than 10,000 Years Old?
- Is Evolution Contrary to the Biblical Teachings?
- Was There an Adam and Eve?
- Is the Bible Anti-Science?
- Did Humans And Dinosaurs Live At The Same Time?
- Is the End of the World at Hand?
- Is Jesus Coming Again?
- Are We the Most Wicked Generation?
- Do I Have To Join A Church To Be Saved?
- What Does It Mean to be Saved?
- What’s With the Draconian Commandments in the Old Testament?
- Are the Bible Teachings Right or Wrong About Gays?
- What is the Beast?
- What Is The Mark of The Beast?
- What Is The Meaning Of 666?
- Is There Life After Death?
- What Is There That Survives Death?
- What Happens After Death?
- Why Are Near Death Experiences So Different?
- Is There A Heaven And Hell?
- Will Good People Who Do Not Believe Go To Hell?
- Is There Reincarnation?
- Do Animals Survive Death?
- What Will I Look Like When I Die?
- Is Heaven Boring?
- Is There Marriage After Death?
- Is There Sex in the Next World?
- Is Abortion Murder?
- Is There Good And Evil?
- What Is Good and Evil?
- Is There A Devil And Evil Spirits?
- Can The Human Soul Be Annihilated?
- Do Miracles Really Happen?
- Why Do Some People Suffer Pain and Disease While Others Do Not?
- Is Everything Predetermined?
- What Is the Purpose of Life?
- Where Did I Come From?
- Do We Have Free Will?
- Will Science Create Life?
- Are There Accidents or Is Everything Planned?
- Was there a Big Bang?
- Questions on the Universe
Why Are Near Death Experiences So Different?
Many believers are somewhat perplexed at the variety of near death experiences, some seemingly contradicting others. On the other hand, this just feeds the doubts of the skeptics who believe they are caused by the mind pulling tricks on us.
Yes, there are a wide variety of accounts given, but there are also a lot of similarities. Here are a few.
(1) Many report leaving their body and looking back and seeing their lifeless body in the hospital room. Quite a few give evidence that they were not imagining things by correctly recalling conversations of hospital staff and actions that they made.
(2) There are consistent reports of encountering relatives, friends or assistants right after leaving the body. I read one account where the guy met a relative who died just before his near death experience, but was unaware of this. When he was brought back to life and told others who he had seen, he was then told for the first time that this person was dead and that must have been the reason he was able to see him while out of the body.
(3) Those who are out of the body for a while usually encounter a tunnel with a light at the end.
(4) Those who go through the tunnel usually have some otherworldly experience. Most seem to encounter some heavenly realm and unite with friends and family. Others encounter Jesus, God or some angelic beings. Still others experience a hellish place that causes them to change their lives on recovery.
(5) They all report the experience was vivid and was sure it was not just imagined up by their physical brain.
(6) Many have greater spiritual sensitivity when revived as well as a miraculous recovery. They have lost their fear of death and seek to make a positive difference with the rest of their lives.
(7) Many report a life review. They tell us that within a few seconds they were able to see all aspects of their life and how they affected others and made them feel.
These similarities give evidence that these people had some real experience. On the other hand, numerous near death experiences seem to contradict each other. Here are some examples.
(1) Some people’ meet Jesus, some God, some other religious figures. Others meet no religious figures but sense a godlike presence.
(2) People often have an experience in harmony with their religion. These experiences seem to contract each other as their religions do. There are a number of cases where they have an experience that run contrary to their belief systems. This especially happens to atheists, but sometimes to believers also.
(3) Some get the impression that one life is all there is and others are taught that we are reborn on earth many times.
(4) Some come away from the experience thinking there is no hell and others say they visited an actual hell and encountered demons.
So what is the truth to the matter? Here it is in a nutshell.
In this physical reality if we want to build something, like a house, we have to make an intense effort at gathering the materials and putting them together.
In the higher worlds available after death this is not the case. There, our personal reality is created out of a refined matter manipulated by our thoughts and feelings. All of our thoughts and feelings while in the body contribute to what we will experience when we are out of the body. If you have directed a lot of thought, emotion, or even fear toward a religious figure you are likely to meet a representation of that being. Normally, this will not be the actual historical personage, but a representation created for you by a higher part of yourself working with your own thoughts and feelings.
Those who have illusions before death will continue to live in illusion after death. This is why it is so important to find the truth and not be afraid to ponder on the truth of things that do not make sense.
Copyright 2014 by J J Dewey
Easy Access to all the Writings
For Free Book go HERE and other books HERE
Check out JJ’s Political Blog HERE
JJ’s Amazon page HERE
Join JJ’s Study class HERE
1 thought on “Why Are Near Death Experiences So Different?”
So because i live with depression and anxiety and cant help but look at things in a negative way that means im going to spend eternity in hell.