- The Prime Question
- What Is God?
- Where Did God Come From?
- How Did the Universe Come To Be?
- Is God Everywhere?
- Does God Know Everything?
- Is God All Powerful?
- Is Jesus or God Perfect?
- Why Did God Create the Universe?
- Why Would God Permit Suffering?
- Who were the beings that appeared to Abraham, Moses and Jacob?
- Is God a Democrat or Republican?
- Is Jesus a Socialist?
- Does God Love Harmful People? Should We?
- Is the Bible Infallible and Literally True?
- Does the Bible Really Say the Earth is Less Than 10,000 Years Old?
- Is Evolution Contrary to the Biblical Teachings?
- Was There an Adam and Eve?
- Is the Bible Anti-Science?
- Did Humans And Dinosaurs Live At The Same Time?
- Is the End of the World at Hand?
- Is Jesus Coming Again?
- Are We the Most Wicked Generation?
- Do I Have To Join A Church To Be Saved?
- What Does It Mean to be Saved?
- What’s With the Draconian Commandments in the Old Testament?
- Are the Bible Teachings Right or Wrong About Gays?
- What is the Beast?
- What Is The Mark of The Beast?
- What Is The Meaning Of 666?
- Is There Life After Death?
- What Is There That Survives Death?
- What Happens After Death?
- Why Are Near Death Experiences So Different?
- Is There A Heaven And Hell?
- Will Good People Who Do Not Believe Go To Hell?
- Is There Reincarnation?
- Do Animals Survive Death?
- What Will I Look Like When I Die?
- Is Heaven Boring?
- Is There Marriage After Death?
- Is There Sex in the Next World?
- Is Abortion Murder?
- Is There Good And Evil?
- What Is Good and Evil?
- Is There A Devil And Evil Spirits?
- Can The Human Soul Be Annihilated?
- Do Miracles Really Happen?
- Why Do Some People Suffer Pain and Disease While Others Do Not?
- Is Everything Predetermined?
- What Is the Purpose of Life?
- Where Did I Come From?
- Do We Have Free Will?
- Will Science Create Life?
- Are There Accidents or Is Everything Planned?
- Was there a Big Bang?
- Questions on the Universe
Is There A Heaven And Hell?
Most of the world religions believe in some kind of heaven or hell. Christians and Muslims especially affirm such a belief.
On the other hand, there are a growing number of people who are spiritually inclined who reject this notion. Many say there could not be a hell because a loving God would not send his children there. Others trust in accounts given by those who had near death experiences who have returned stating that there is no hell even for the likes of Hitler. They ignore other near deathers who testify that they actually went to hell and experienced it for a time before returning.
Almost all believers in an afterlife accept that there is some version of heaven after death, but a lot of them have difficulty in accepting hell.
Again, we ask – what is the truth of the matter here? Is there a hell or not?
The answer is yes. There is definitely a hell and I’ll prove it to you. Even atheists will have to admit I am right on this one.
We know there is a hell because we have seen it and experienced it. And I’m not talking about an unlucky few, but all of us. We have all been through hell at one time or another right here in this mortal life, some though much more than others.
Here are examples of hellish experiences of ordinary folk we all know.
(1) Death of a loved one.
(2) A lost love or divorce.
(3) Dealing with a sick, distraught or out of control child.
(4) An unhappy marriage
(5) A tremendous loss of some kind.
(6) Great physical pain and discomfort.
(7) Jail time.
(8) Failure to achieve a dream
All these things are common happenings that most of us experience to some degree, but then there are other unfortunate people who are in a more permanent hell. Take someone who was in a serious accident and becomes a paraplegic. Which one of us who are healthy and strong would not admit that they would be in hell if they traded places with such a person?
And how about the person who is diagnosed with a terminal illness? Not only does he now have a short time to live but it will also be physically and emotionally painful to the end. Is that not a hell that all of us wish we could avoid?
Then there is a hell experienced by many millions on this planet who have little or no freedom. The inhabitants of North Korea area prime example. They have to pretend to adore their dear leader and follow all he says or they will suffer prison or death. Many of them live on starvation diets, even resorting to eating tree bark to survive. Which of us would not consider ourselves living in hell if we had to trade places with some of those unfortunate souls?
Okay, then. We have established that there is a hell, right here on earth, and many are experiencing it right now in real time. If there is a hell right here on earth then what makes some think that the next world will be only pure bliss with no negative experiences.
Much of the hell we experience on earth is due to our own illusions, bad judgment and attitude. Does it make sense that just before death a person would be miserable with the results of his actions and then the moment after death he is suddenly happy with himself? Simple logic tells us this is not likely. If we can make ourselves happy or miserable in one sphere of activity then surely we have the power to choose that same mindset. Merely leaving one room and going to another doesn’t do a lot to eliminate the problems that come with living and moving from this world to the next is a little like changing rooms.
So, is there a lake of fire in the next world were the wicked suffer for eternity?
There is everything good and bad in the next world that you can imagine because all there is, is created by the thought, feelings and imaginations of the inhabitants. But just as pain and suffering is temporary here, so its it temporary there. The words “everlasting” and “eternal” in the New Testament come from the Greek AIŌNIOS, which means “related to an age.” An age is not eternal but a period of time with a beginning and an end. All punishments in the next world are self-inflicted and when we stop the thought process that makes us miserable the supposed punishment will come to an end.
All sincere souls eventually find the heavenly realms and enjoy a period of rest and happiness among the many mansions or dwelling places that Jesus mentioned.
Copyright 2014 by J J Dewey
JJ’s Amazon page HERE
Join JJ’s Study class HERE