- The Left, the Right and DK, Part 1
- The Left, the Right and DK, Part 2
- The Left, the Right and DK, Part 3
- The Left, the Right and DK, Part 4
- The Left, the Right and DK, Part 5
- The Left, the Right and DK, Part 6
- The Left, the Right and DK, Part 7
- The Left, the Right and DK, Part 8
- The Left, the Right and DK, Part 9
- The Left, the Right and DK, Part 10
- The Left, the Right and DK, Conclusion
- The New Jerusalem Meditation
- Keys Writings 2015, Part 12
- The Lives of the Seven Chakras
- Keys Writings 2015, Part 13
- Keys Writings 2015, Part 14
- Keys Writings 2015, Part 15
- The Pope and The Donald
- Keys Writings 2015, Part 17
- Keys Writings 2015, Part 18
- Keys Writings 2015, Part 19
- Keys Writings 2015, Part 20
- The Pope and the People
- Dialog with Readers
- True Spirituality
- Helping the Poor
- Fox News
- The Point of Focus
- Global Warming Facts
- Molecular Purpose
- Disease and Energy
- Mastering Emotion
- More on The Song of Eternal Life
- Suppression and Anger
- Challenging Situations
- DK Quotes
- Pralaya and Change
- Solar Angels & Vibration
- Health 101
- Health 102
- Health 103
- Health 104
- Vegetarian Nazis
- Healing 105
- Health 106
- Health 107
- Global Warming Mistakes
- Healing 108
- Affirmations of the Disciple
- Healing 109
- More on Freedom
- Two Types of People
- Healing 110
- A Practical Solution
- A Time for Silence
- Equal, But Different
- Right/Left Brain
- Freedom, A Pearl of Great Price
- Have a Thankful Thanksgiving
- Contacting Lesser Lives
- Freedom Without Responsibility
- Questions on Lesser Lives
- DK, War & Peace
- The Lives of the Throat and Heart
- The Lives in the Head
- Manti Gathering Video
- The Foundations of the Earth
- God’s Imagination
- Advice for a Happy Life
- The Peacemakers
- Time and Consciousness
- The Ethers
- Truth and Health
Dec 23, 2015
Advice for a Happy Life
Here we are nearing Christmas again. It seems we were here just a month or so ago. It does indeed seem that the space between two Christmases is a lot shorter now than when I was a kid.
Since it is the season of giving gifts I will give you, my friends, some advice I consider crucial to a happy life.
- Maintain your health.
This is an important one because if a person is in ill health and always feeling out of sorts, or in pain, he or she will have difficulty in getting full enjoyment out of anything else in life. He will not be able to fully enjoy a good marriage, good friends, good food, wealth, vacations, entertainment, sports, or just plain kicking back and relaxing.
We have much more power over maintaining good health and vitality than most think and the first key is to not see yourself as a victim. If you see yourself as a victim of bad genes, bad childhood, past mistakes, bad luck, bad karma or whatever you already have two strikes against you.
He who takes responsibility for his lot in life is miles ahead of the person who is born in the best of circumstances who becomes disgruntled and sees himself as a victim when things go wrong.
Energy follow thought so a negative attitude will draw negative energy causing ill health. Negativity is dispelled by hope, love and faith in yourself and others. Always give the other guy the benefit of the doubt when making judgments. See what is best in others.
You probably know someone who beaks every health rule in the book but is still healthy. Well, you can bet that this person does not see himself as a victim and has a healthy view of himself.
A positive attitude helps but diet and exercise are still important. Even with a positive attitude a bad diet and low exercise will cause Father Time to catch up with you.
I do not have time to give you a treatise on exercise. All of you know what it is and know we need to get some daily.
As far as diet goes eliminate processed food, anything made with white flour, processed sugar, fructose, chemicals, and processed table salt. Use Celtic or unprocessed salt instead. Look at the ingredients of anything packaged that you buy. If it has more than a half dozen ingredients you are probably eating some chemicals that would terrify you if you Googled them. Breaking the rules once in a while won’t hurt you – sometimes you have to when you eat out, but when you buy for yourself buy whole foods and make yourself healthy meals.
Thousands of books have been written on diet and health but HERE is one of the best and it is free on the web.
Take some time to do some reading on natural healing. If you are in ill health and do not read at least two or three books a year on alternative health then you are not taking enough responsibility for your own health.
Here are two tips I have found helpful that you will not find mentioned by many authors.
First Tip: Fast from food after your evening meal to close to noon the next day – 16-18 hours. Just drink close to zero calorie liquids. Do this every day, except for special occasions.
I have been doing this for a number of years now and it has produced a number of health benefits.
Second Tip: Eat a good sized clove of garlic every day. No, you don’t just throw the garlic in your mouth and chew it, but it must be prepared a certain way. Take a garlic press and crush the clove in on a small plate. Then spread out minced garlic so it all gets maximum exposure to the air. When the crushed garlic is exposed to the air for 5-15 minutes it produces a powerful substance called allicin which has tremendous benefits.
The reason this caught my attention was that I read about a study that said that those who took raw garlic daily had a great reduction in colds and if they did get one it was very mild. Well, over the past 50 years since I have been paying attention to my diet I have been very healthy, except that I usually did get a cold once a year.
I have been taking this crushed garlic for several years now and haven’t had a sign of a cold since the day I started consuming it.
Here are some health benefits from the allicin in garlic:
From immune enhancement to cancer prevention, there is a wide range of health benefit in allicin. Many clinical studies have showed that garlic/allicin has the ability to lower total cholesterol, LDL, or “bad cholesterol” and triglycerides, and increase HDL cholesterol. (2,3) This in turn may aid in the prevention of heart-related conditions such as heart attack, atherosclerosis, and stroke. In addition, garlic/allicin may support the overall health of the circulatory system, which may help in lowering the risk of heart attack and strokes. (4,5) Specifically, garlic/allicin activities are believed to have the following positive effects:
Prevention of cardiovascular attacks
Restore suppressed antibody responses
Broad spectrum of antimicrobial activities.
Preventing the common cold
Prevention and treatment of cancer.
Here are some more tips for a happy life.
- Choose carefully all that you allow to come into your life. We all realize that getting clean air, water and good food is essential to good health, but the ingredients we consume in life that affect us are much more than these.
Be selective in the books you read, the shows you watch and all the words you allow into your consciousness. This includes words you speak, especially to yourself. Memorize some inspiring words.
Be especially selective of people you allow into your life who may have an influence on you. Negative people are like an infection and are difficult to tune out. Be particularly selective in choosing a mate. No marriage is much better than a bad marriage.
- Be thankful for what you have and find a few seconds each day to just feel grateful to God for the good that is in your life. Since energy follows though this will draw more good things to you.
- Focus on the soul in all who you meet and feel a sense of love and goodwill toward them. Those who have a sense of goodwill will respond positively.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously and see the humor, even in difficult situations.
- Focus on giving more than receiving and see yourself as having an unlimited means to give.
- Free yourself from the beast of unearned unjust authority. If you do not do this you will suffer from guilt and never feel that you are good enough. The God within is much more understanding of our flaws than is the god without.
- Follow the highest you know so you can be at peace with yourself.
- Be as harmless as possible.
- Find work to do that you enjoy
- Work on something each day that makes you a better and more valuable person. Always seek to do better.
- Take some time out for fun and relaxation on your own terms.
Copyright 2015 by J J Dewey
JJ’s Amazon page HERE
Join JJ’s Study class HERE