- The Left, the Right and DK, Part 1
- The Left, the Right and DK, Part 2
- The Left, the Right and DK, Part 3
- The Left, the Right and DK, Part 4
- The Left, the Right and DK, Part 5
- The Left, the Right and DK, Part 6
- The Left, the Right and DK, Part 7
- The Left, the Right and DK, Part 8
- The Left, the Right and DK, Part 9
- The Left, the Right and DK, Part 10
- The Left, the Right and DK, Conclusion
- The New Jerusalem Meditation
- Keys Writings 2015, Part 12
- The Lives of the Seven Chakras
- Keys Writings 2015, Part 13
- Keys Writings 2015, Part 14
- Keys Writings 2015, Part 15
- The Pope and The Donald
- Keys Writings 2015, Part 17
- Keys Writings 2015, Part 18
- Keys Writings 2015, Part 19
- Keys Writings 2015, Part 20
- The Pope and the People
- Dialog with Readers
- True Spirituality
- Helping the Poor
- Fox News
- The Point of Focus
- Global Warming Facts
- Molecular Purpose
- Disease and Energy
- Mastering Emotion
- More on The Song of Eternal Life
- Suppression and Anger
- Challenging Situations
- DK Quotes
- Pralaya and Change
- Solar Angels & Vibration
- Health 101
- Health 102
- Health 103
- Health 104
- Vegetarian Nazis
- Healing 105
- Health 106
- Health 107
- Global Warming Mistakes
- Healing 108
- Affirmations of the Disciple
- Healing 109
- More on Freedom
- Two Types of People
- Healing 110
- A Practical Solution
- A Time for Silence
- Equal, But Different
- Right/Left Brain
- Freedom, A Pearl of Great Price
- Have a Thankful Thanksgiving
- Contacting Lesser Lives
- Freedom Without Responsibility
- Questions on Lesser Lives
- DK, War & Peace
- The Lives of the Throat and Heart
- The Lives in the Head
- Manti Gathering Video
- The Foundations of the Earth
- God’s Imagination
- Advice for a Happy Life
- The Peacemakers
- Time and Consciousness
- The Ethers
- Truth and Health
Nov 26, 2015
Have a Thankful Thanksgiving
I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and has plenty to eat and drink.
Having a thankful spirit no matter what the circumstances is very beneficial in many ways. It makes the person pleasant to be around and increases the vital energy of the one who is thankful, aiding in good health and happiness.
Here are some fun facts on Thanksgiving for your enjoyment.
- Mashed potatoes, pumpkin pies, popcorn, milk, corn on the cob, and cranberries were not foods present on the first Thanksgiving’s feast table.
- Lobster, rabbit, chicken, fish, squashes, beans, chestnuts, hickory nuts, onions, leeks, dried fruits, maple syrup and honey, radishes, cabbage, carrots, eggs, and goat cheese are thought to have made up the first Thanksgiving feast.
- The pilgrims didn’t use forks; they ate with spoons, knives, and their fingers.
- Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey to be the national bird, not the eagle.
- Thomas Jefferson thought the concept of Thanksgiving was “the most ridiculous idea I’ve ever heard.”
- Americans eat 46 million turkeys each Thanksgiving.
- Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin’s first meal in space after walking on the moon was foil packets with roasted turkey.
- Abraham Lincoln issued a ‘Thanksgiving Proclamation’ on third October 1863 and officially set aside the last Thursday of November as the national day for Thanksgiving.
- The heaviest turkey on record, according to the Guinness Book of Records, weighs 86 pounds.
- Californians consume the most turkey in the U.S. on Thanksgiving Day!
- Female turkeys (called hens) do not gobble. Only male turkeys gobble.
- The average turkey for Thanksgiving weighs 15 pounds.
- Campbell’s soup created green bean casserole for an annual cookbook 50 years ago. It now sells $20 million worth of cream of mushroom soup.
- Turkeys have heart attacks. When the Air Force was conducting test runs and breaking the sound barrier, fields of turkeys would drop dead.
- Fossil evidence shows that turkeys roamed the Americas 10 million years ago.
- 91% of Americans eat turkey on Thanksgiving Day.
- Columbus thought that the land he discovered was connected to India, where peacocks are found in considerable number. And he believed turkeys were a type of peacock (they’re actually a type of pheasant). So he named them “tuka”, which is “peacock” in the Tamil language of India.
- The First Thanksgiving lasted for three days.
- The largest pumpkin pie ever baked weighed 2,020 pounds and measured just over 12 feet long.
Dec 9, 2015
Adam’s Book and Other Endeavors
I just finished reading Adam Clayton’s book – Pep’s Herculean Labor. He took the basic idea of the Parable of Decision and expanded it into a children’s story. He did a very good job, especially for a guy who has not been a professional writer. It’s not only a good book for children but adults will enjoy it also for it does a great job of expanding on the principles in the parable in a way to enhance the meaning.
Here is the first of several reviews at Amazon:
The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can’t find them, make them.’ – George Bernard Shaw . Great modern day fable that transports the reader back to a land of make believe and adventure. Enjoyed the universal truths that are carefully woven into the chapters of this book. We are reminded that analysis paralysis is a hell all of its own, and you reap what you sow.
Here is a LINK for the book
The book is free to Kindle subscribers or just $2.99 for others.
The fact that Adam accomplished this all on his own with no orders from me or anyone else makes me reflect on the power of initiating as it applies to traveling the path of the initiate.
This brings a scripture to mind:
For behold, it is not meet that I should command in all things; for he that is compelled in all things, the same is a slothful and not a wise servant; wherefore he receiveth no reward.
Verily, I say, men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness; For the power is in them, wherein they are agents unto themselves. And inasmuch as men do good they shall in nowise lose their reward. D&C 58:26-28
I thought I would name a number of other participants here who have been helpful and initiated things of their own free will.
The first Keyster’s initiate was Rick Audette who started the Keys forum and invited, or perhaps insisted, that I participate. He is always working on initiating something new.
Here are some more, not in any particular order.
Lorraine started the first gathering which has continued ever since.
LWK has created various websites to promote my writings and some of his own.
Bryan Smith spent years managing the freeread website and collected many quotes from the archives into The Book of Quotes, still available on freeread.
For years now Ruth (RJ) as carried the ball posting daily quotes that has been helpful and inspiring to many.
Anni West translated the immortal Series into Danish and published them there at her own expense.
Maria Del Rosario Jaquete Herraiz translated The Immortal into Norwegian and is seeking a publisher.
Alex translated The Immortal into Russian for us.
Mindy Burge, initiated the esoteric dictioonary and did some editing for me.
A number of others have helped with editing such as James Wong, Susan Manning, Sharon Skahl, Marylin Adams, Robin Kennon, Diane Holmes, Jim Winegardner, Assaf Friedman, Rob Brennan and Viggi Jonsson. There are a half dozen others who have presently volunteered that are editing some archives that that haven’t yet finished their portion.
Sharón Wyeth also helped with some editing and went on to write a book of her own initiating a new area of thinking on the meaning of names. She also gives many seminars and classes.
Elizabeth Joyce has written several metaphysical books and recently appeared on Coast to Coast.
Dan Howell and Blayne Sukut have been working to initiate new methods of permiculture and self sustaining food production. This knowledge could be very valuable when the gathering begins.
Susan Manning has been attempting to gather the lights in a safe place of refuge. This has proven to be a very difficult project.
Larry Woods has written numerous songs for the group of his own initiative and is always seeking the means to initiate various ideas.
Scott Stevens mentioned me on Coast to Coast which was a big help.
Matthew Steel transcribed a number of gatherings.
We can’t forget Justin who initiated the current podcast program.
Then there is Sterling, Richard and Judy who have initiated various projects along their own lines of interest.
In addition to this numerous members have assisted me in a number of ways who are silent helpers. Then there are regular posters like Johann who just hangs in there and gives of himself. Adrian sends me regular tips on good web sites.
I appreciate you all. I’m sure I left some deserving souls out. That doesn’t mean you are not appreciated.
… Oh, yeah, my wife has been a big help also. (Whew, dodged a bullet there.)
Copyright 2015 by J J Dewey
JJ’s Amazon page HERE
Join JJ’s Study class HERE