Preparing for the Reappearance
DK writes: “The reason He has not come again is that the needed work has not been done by his followers in all countries.” The Reappearance of the Christ, Page 12
It’s been many years since he wrote this. Has much preparation been done in this time? What else needs done to prepare for the coming of the Lord?
We received a number of good comments from this question such as:
- There is a need for better human relationships with individuals and groups.
- The need for a greater point of tension.
- The need for planned communities and a gathering of the lights.
- The need for a greater sense of purpose.
- It was pointed out that the advance of civil and women’s rights was a step in the right direction.
A reader here has identified an area of true progress which has been made. The progress we have made in rights has definitely been a step in the right direction, but unfortunately the pendulum has swung to the other extreme to the point where many are fanatical in this respect, even attempting to give vegetation and animals the same rights as humans. This has been the cause of excessive litigation and division among the people.
The solution boils down to the principle of right human relations. When we learn to treat our brother with civility and kindness and attain some ability to compromise all the other problems will become manageable.
The problem of right human relations is coming to a point of tension with the coming U.S. election. Even if there is a clear winner we will have a problem of acceptance, but God forbid, if there is another disputed election, we are likely to have something close to a civil war.
Here are some other things which have been accomplished since 1945 which improve the conditions for the coming of Christ.
- Many understand the principle of the Christ consciousness and speak openly about it.
- Increased interest in metaphysical teachings such as reincarnation, ancient mysteries, eastern religions, cosmology, symbolism etc.
- Increased interest in general health, self-improvement etc,
- Greater employee participation and sharing in business.
- More cooperation among the nations despite the recent setbacks.
- Realization by many that the churches are out of date and the resistance to unearned authority by numerous members.
- The introduction of the computer and the internet.
- Rock and roll. This may seem an odd one but the new music did a lot to bring the Sixties generation together.
- Talk radio and the many selections we have for information and news. With a wider variety of media then no longer can a point of view be forced upon the many by the few.
What yet needs done?
- Greater interest needs to be stimulated in the people for greater light and truth. Too many are satisfied with what they have.
- Disciples need to take their jobs more seriously and learn to initiate and follow through.
- The Lights need to gather on the internet and in the physical. If there is no one to understand and act on the message of Christ then there is little need for him to come.
- A lot of work is still needed on right human relations. There are three points of tension which will tell the tale. First is the working out of the conflict between Israel and her enemies. The second is the handling of the terrorist threat. Third is the resolving of the conflict, especially in the U.S., between conservatives and liberals. This needs to occur over the next twenty years. (Written in 2004)
When these three conflicts are resolved to the point where good will can prevail then a major roadblock to the coming of Christ will be removed.
Question: What if humanity fails and the needed preparations are not done? What will happen then?
The answer really lies hidden in another question. How bad is the negligence of humanity in preparing the way of Christ?
If the needed preparations are made then he will come within a generation and fulfill his mission.
On the other hand, if disciples and humanity are negligent the results depend upon the degree of failure.
If the failure is such that the mistakes can be corrected then there may be delays with a successful return but the mission will be accomplished. The Christ may decide to use an overshadowing rather than a direct appearance.
If the negligence is bad enough then we have to worry about the prophecy of Elijah coming true. Below is an edited version of a previous post elaborating on this.
“Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord: And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse..” Malachi 4:5-6
To understand the meaning one must examine the key word here which is the mistranslated “curse.” The word comes from CHEREM which literally means “utter destruction” or “extermination.” It is translated as “utter destruction” in I Samuel 15:20.
It is derived from and very similar in meaning to CHARAM.
Here are some verses where this word is used:
“Come against her from the utmost border, open her storehouses: cast her up as heaps, and destroy her utterly (CHARAM): let nothing of her be left.” Jeremiah 50:26
“He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed” (CHARAM). Exodus 22:20
We are thus told that the entire earth is in danger of having all life “utterly destroyed” unless we “turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers.”
The first question is what is meant by the children turning their hearts to their fathers?
Answer: This means that we should study the history of our fathers or those who came before us, not only from the scriptures but from all possible accurate historical records.
Because history repeats itself if we do not learn the lessons of our fathers. This is one reason why the study of the rise of Nazi Germany and Hitler are so important. If we understand what happened there, we can prevent another antichrist from coming to the surface. A Hitler in this age would be much more dangerous than one previously because we now have the power to destroy human existence as we know it.
Thus, one key to preventing the “utter destruction” of the earth is to learn from the mistakes of our fathers.
From a scriptural viewpoint we must also learn of the promises of God to the fathers, and the most prominent of them all is the promise of the gathering of Israel or the gathering of those who have the Holy Spirit within them.
The second key to preventing the destruction of the world as we know it is to turn the “heart of the fathers to the children.”
What does this mean?
We are the children of the fathers past, but we are the fathers (and of course mothers) of all future generations. Unless we as a human race cease having our hearts merely centered on our little selves and enlarge our capacity to reach out to our children of future generations and seek to make the world a better place for them, these future children may not even be born because of the destruction we could bring upon ourselves.
Too many Bible believers have withdrawn their responsibility to make the world better for our children. Instead they sit around waiting for God to destroy the world and wind up being of no use to God or man in the process.
This type of cop-out is exactly what Malachi warned us of. Instead of sitting back and waiting for God to do it our hearts much reach across time and sense our personal responsibility to rising generations.
If we sense this what will we do?
- Seek to bring peace on earth through the free will of man.
- Seek the mutual elimination of weapons of mass destruction.
- Seek to cease polluting the earth and being an enemy to nature using common sense solutions.
- Seek to love our neighbor as ourselves.
- Seek to love children yet unborn as ourselves.
Notice that Malachi does not seal our doom. Instead be gives us the solution, the way of escape from a great peril and that put simply is this:
“Learn the lessons of history and leave a world for our children a better place than we found it.”
We are on the cusp of a new era and have learned some things and do have enough people on the earth with enough light to make a difference. If good men do nothing but wait for doom, we are indeed doomed; but if good people follow the highest they know and seek guidance of the Holy Spirit, then salvation will be ours and this salvation is what I teach without apology.
“Security is an illusion. Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all.” Helen Keller
Oct 28, 2004