So far, the Principles of Discovery we have covered are:
(1) Take the things you know (for reasonable surety) to be true and use them as a foundation or stepping stones for testing additional truths.
(2) Be willing to let these foundation beliefs be either altered or dropped as some of them are replaced by higher vision.
(3) The teaching should be in harmony with common sense
(4) It should increase the power of Decision and free will.
(5) It should bring you to a new level of awareness and usefulness.
(6) Seek out true sources of knowledge, study and incorporate them into your life. Knowledge dispels error and illusion.
(7) Gather all the reliable information you can about a subject of interest and try and see the principles suggested by the data. Then draw conclusions and run the conclusions by your soul and see if you receive a response.
(8) Follow all the aspects of the Will of God that is within your perception and your sensitivity to the truth will increase.
(9) The Process of Elimination. Eliminate those things that are definitely not true and contemplate on that which remains.
(10) Effective Communication
(A) Communication through perception of the outside world.
(B) Person to person communication.
(C) Communication through the soul.
(11) Truth is in harmony with spiritual principles; therefore we discover that which is true through the application of those principles.
(12) The principle of planting and harvesting.
(13) "The Law of Correspondences." The principle behind it is "as above so below," and visa versa.
(14) Take that belief which is embraced by the world and look in the opposite direction. In this opposite direction much truth lies hidden.
(15) Discernment. In particular the disciple should seek the power to discern beyond physical seeing so he can see the difference in effects from the astral/emotional world and the world of the soul.
(16) Seek proven authorities and learn from them.
(17) Put your attention on finding that which is true rather than that which is in error.
(18) Faith in the "Dominating Good," or a belief that God is good.
(19) Seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened - Ask and you shall receive.
(20) Plant a seed thought in your mind and heart, and feed this thought with contemplation and meditation. Observe the fruit that comes forth, and accept that which is sweet and registers with your soul.
(21) Understand and develop the principle of intuition through which quantums of truth can be downloaded into your mind and understood by the heart.
(22) The Pendulum Principle
It is time to move on to the next principle even though we shall never leave the pendulum principle far behind and will most likely revisit it periodically.
The next Principle of Discovery is:
(23) Since the soul is the door to all true principles, the seeker must learn to recognize the higher spiritual vibrations and differentiate them from the lower.
How can the seeker be sure he has made the higher contact? If we meet another who claims higher contact how will we know whether or not that person is deceived?
Copyright 2000 by J.J. Dewey, All Rights Reserved